Monday, June 21, 2010

another confession

dear love,

i used to be a little obsessed with watching oprah...there, i said it! i don't really know why and how the obsession started, but it began some time during high school. when my parents got tivo, i would come home from practice and chill on the couch and check out what oprah had going on for the day. i have to admit, i think she helped me become a better person. here are some things i've learned from oprah winfrey: (let me just say that i'm kinda joking and kinda not here)
  • there are lots of sexual predators. don't trust just anyone with your children.
  • people look a lot better on her show than when the cameras surprise them at their houses. makeovers? mmhmm.
  • she did shows about eating disorders and all kinds of other issues specific to the teenage years. i was really scared from the pictures and interviews with anorexic and bulimic people.
  • i think i kinda learned to love myself more. appreciate who i am. (i don't know?!)
anyway, the list goes on. my point is, i went through a little time period where oprah was a dear friend of mine. we hung out after school and sometimes even on weekend nights (nerd!). my freshman year of college, i actually kind of attempted to schedule my classes to not be a 4:00 so that i could chill a little by the tv and see what oprah had to say that day. the past few years i have grown less and less attached. it's all apart of a healthy evolving relationship.

today, however, i find myself at work during the time that oprah is on. i'm finding myself wanting to be home so that i can watch oprah...out of nowhere! what the?

1 comment:

  1. ok seriously, is there anything else on the television worth watching besides Oprah?! can i just share a rude awakening i had the other day? by the time i actually become a "wife" and have "children" and will have the time to sit down and watch her show during the day, OPRAH WILL NO LONGER BE ON THE TELEVISION. That saddened my life a little. my favorite episode was the story about the man and woman who met when he was in the concentration camps. Changed my view on love forever. Ok i'm done :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete