Monday, May 10, 2010

spelunking

dear love,

a few days ago, i went spelunking. that's right, spelunking. it was such a thrill and super scary but i was a little bit proud of myself that i did it!

spe·lunk·er (sp -l ng k r, sp l ng -). n. One who explores caves chiefly as a hobby; a caver. i.e. paige henry.

this wasn't some cave you pay money to go in and walk around with pretty lights and see the cool things caves had to offer. oh no, this cave was in the side of a mountain where it was obvious only a few people had ever really seen before. the cave was suuuuper narrow. we had to squeeze through a couple of extremely tight spots. we're talking one more pound on me and i wouldn't have made it through. for a while all we could do was have our buns on one wall and our feet on the other and just shimmy our way completely vertical for about 25 feet. and then we finally reached a place where you couldn't go any further and we knew we had conquered the cave!

4 comments:

  1. I would be claustrophobic doing that. Just the thought of it makes me uncomfortable!

    Good job being so brave.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could have done this! Way to go Paige!! was it scary at all? You sound like it was easy-peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love caving! I can't believe we have never gone together. Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Paige:

    I just discovered your blog through a little bit of blog stalking. I enjoy it. Lets be friends. Deal. Done.

    ReplyDelete