Friday, April 24, 2009

california

dear love,

i just arrived in san diego yesterday, and i've already successfully done some of my favorite california things. 

today i went to the beach. not the BEST day for the beach, but i needed it. jordy had to go to work so that meant i had the day to explore on my own. so i suited up, screened myself (cloudy days are the worst for bad burns), and set out to read my book on the beach. i took a long walk over to the beach, sat and read for maybe 2 hours, then walked around the stroll just behind the sand, and looked in some of the cute shops around there. 

on my walk home, i was privileged to come across TRADER JOE'S. and smiled. and walked in. i tried desperately to search for a little taste of the past, and i knew there had to be something in there that would satisfy that. i walked around the whole store, ate a delish sample, and surprisingly nothing was really begging me to eat it–until i saw them. honey whole wheat pretzels. they don't sound that amazing, but they are. so i bought those and a mango and i was good to go. 

so the trip so far has been a greeeatt successss as they say. i've already been to the beach and shopped at trader joe's!! and tonight we're having a barbeque. good california days.

2 comments:

  1. Paige!!! Are you still in CA??! Will you be up in the bay? I just got home from India! And I would LOVE to see you. Alright let me know! Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous...trader joe's completes me. plus mangos are my fave fruit. plus i was just in san diego a few days ago! we should have played. but hurry back so we can enjoy summer together.

    ReplyDelete