Thursday, March 25, 2010

FEMULLET

dear love,

it was a normal thursday afternoon. i had just gotten out of my clinical class and i was on my way outside for my biweekly 30 minute people watching session. the next thing i knew, i was staring at one of the most amazing sights i have ever seen. this fe-mullet.
at first i panicked because i knew i didn't have my camera with me. but then i remembered that my phone has a camera on it, so the next thing i knew i was on my way, phone in hand, ready for some serious stalking. i decided it was too weird to hold my phone up so that she could see me taking the picture, so i took a risk and held the phone at my leg and took the creeper shot that way, hoping i would have her in the frame. i looked at the picture, overjoyed with the results. not only did i get the full body shot, BUT the wind picked up right at the moment i snapped it. e-p-i-c.

i laughed literally for a half hour straight. by myself. i had to pretend i was on the phone so that people wouldn't stare.

some lingering questions:
  • who cuts hair such as this?
  • how do i become that awesome?
  • how is not an "extreme hairstyle" that would usually be banned from BYU campus?
  • when she wakes up in the morning, does she really think, "yep!! i'm looking good!" ???
  • how do i become her friend?
i've decided to frame this picture and put it up on my wall next to the other photo i have. (the really crazy man and wife(?) that hangs proudly in our living room). because my lovely roommates always tell people that those crazy-looking people are my parents, a friend suggested that i tell people that this mullet woman is my twin sister who plays softball.

this one's for you, cort. "WHAT A PLAY!!!"

7 comments:

  1. E-P-I-C is right.
    the world needs more Femullets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hillarious!!!!

    www.thefamilynichols.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. paige, you are hilarious. your photography skills A-MAZE me. doesn't your "mom" have a she-mullet too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Kristen's comment that this was the funniest post ever, so I checked it out and am still chuckling.

    I have a feeling Jordan may not appreciate this new incarnation of her on your wall.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. page,

    just fyi, that picture rocks. also:

    sambermenasco.blogspot.com

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epic. And I really think you should cut your hair like this. It would definitely be a good ice breaker

    -Pacada

    ReplyDelete
  7. hysterical. so upset I missed this moment.

    ReplyDelete