Tuesday, June 9, 2009

my 80-year-old friend?

dear love,

weeeeeeird day. at least i have something to blog about though! it all started when i walked out of the temple this morning...and this tiny little old lady was running after me trying to catch my attention. she yelled, "sista!! sista!!! i need a ride home. the bus don' leave for one hour. you take me home?" (add accent as you please, please). i felt a rush of anxiety, because people i don't know really scare me. but i decided she's probably just a nice little old woman and so i agreed to take her home and we hopped in my car. she had a really thick accent and i could hardly understand what she was saying. the next thing i knew we were talking about going out to lunch today to a peruvian restaurant that her son works at. so she got my number and told me she would call me later. 

three phone calls later. She called once to agree on a time, another time to tell me that she wanted to bring her 5 grandchildren with us, and another time to make sure i had her address. we agreed to meet at 1 and i frantically searched for someone to come with me. so katherine agreed to because she's the nicest friend in the world, and then we picked her up. she got in the car and told me that we had to pick up her granddaughter at school? and then we find out that the restaurant is actually a half an hour away and katherine and i looked at each other and decided to just bag it. it was getting too weird. so i told her we didn't have time to go all the way to the restaurant and that i would have to just take her home. i felt bad and i really was excited to have a little old lady friend but it was just a little crazy. adventures adventures :)

2 comments:

  1. These thing just make life interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...that sounds absolutely incredible! She couldn't have picked any better girls to become friends with. haha awesome..

    oh and i MISS YOU paige henry!

    ReplyDelete